Cable Sleeve Kit, Clear, 11-0015Jul 16, 2012
This kit is designed to minimize scratches to painted and chrome surfaces caused by braided stainless steel cables. Only the sections of the cable that come in contact with surfaces are to be covered. Use the 3/8" tube on throttle cables, 1/2" tube on speedometer cables and 5/8" tube on clutch cables.
1. With the cable installed, mark the cable where it contacts or may contact finished surfaces. Masking tape works well to mark the cable where the tubing will begin and end.
2. Remove the cable from the motorcycle. Note how the cable is routed for re-installation.
3. Measure the distance between the tape. Cut a piece of tubing 3/8 of an inch longer than the distance measured, this will allow for shrinkage of the tubing.
WARNING: NEVER USE AN OPEN FLAME TO SHRINK TUBING. USE ONLY TOOLS
DESIGNED TO INSTALL HEAT SHRINK TUBING. HAIR DRYERS WILL NOT WORK.
4. Install the tubing over the cable so that it overlaps the tape equally on both ends. Use a heat gun tool to shrink only the middle of the tubing at this point. Use a minimal amount of heat to shrink the tubing, this will prevent damage to the cable. Remove the tape and shrink the remainder of the tubing.
5. Install the cable making sure it is properly routed. Refer to the motorcycle manufacture service manual for proper installation and routing.
BULK SHRINK TUBE
Use same directions as cable sleeve above. Cut shrink tube to desired length.
11-0019 3/8 x 10’ CLEAR SHRINK TUBE
11-0020 1/2 x 10’ CLEAR SHRINK TUBE
11-0021 5/8 x 10’ CLEAR SHRINK TUBE
Instructions All Article Tags