WARNING: THIS KIT DISABLES THE STOCK THROTTLE OVERRIDE SYSTEM. THIS KIT WILL NOT SHUT OFF THE ENGINE IF YOUR THROTTLE OR CARB STICK IN THE OPEN POSITION. A STUCK THROTTLE COULD RESULT IN UNCONTROLLED ACCELERATION AND GREAT BODILY INJURY OR DEATH. THIS PRODUCT IS INTENDED FOR CLOSED COURSE RACING BY EXPERT RIDERS ONLY. THIS PRODUCT MUST BE INSTALLED BY AN EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONAL MECHANIC. IMPROPER INSTALLATION COULD RESULT IN GREAT BODILY INJURY OR DEATH. USER ASSUMES ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROPER INSTALLATION AND USE OF THIS PRODUCT!
IMPORTANT – FULLY READ INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE INSTALLING WE RECOMMEND THAT THIS KIT BE INSTALLED BY A QUALIFIED MECHANIC IN A PROPERLY EQUIPPED SHOP.
THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR USE WITH TWIST THROTTLE KITS. THESE KITS ARE DESIGNED TO REPLACE THE ORIGINAL THUMB THROTTLE WITH A TWIST THROTTLE. THESE INSTRUCTIONS SHOW HOW TO INSTALL THE PRE-START PUSH BUTTON.
1. Remove front fender center cover and disconnect safety tether and thumb throttle safety switch
2. Remove the front fender assembly.
3. The pre-start button should be located in front of and slightly below the safety tether. Measure approx. 30 mm from top left cover mount slot (fig. 1) and approx. 14 mm from the base of the safety tether (fig. 2)
4. Mark the hole position and cover with masking tape to protect the plastic during drilling (Fig. 3). Make sure the hole placement is positioned so the button does not interfere with or touch the fuel tank or any frame members. Drill a 12 mm (15/32) hole. Remove tape and any rough edges to smooth hole.
5. Insert wires through hole and mount button into fender by tightening the locknut (Fig. 4 &Fig. 5).
6. Snap pin connecters into the black two pin coupler and make sure the rubber seals are recessed in the connector (Fig. 6 & Fig. 7).
7. Replace front fender and reconnect the safety tether and connect the pre-start button to the same connecter plug that the thumb throttle safety switch plugs into.
1. Turn on ignition switch and slide on-off switch to the on position.
2. Push pre-start button.
3. Start engine as per manufacturer’s procedure.