NOHVCC Announces Schedule for Second Webinar Moduleposted Jul 31, 2009
Tags: Rights to Ride All Article Tags
BLUERIBBON COALITION PARTNER ALERT!
NOHVCC Announces Schedule for Second Webinar Module
The National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council (NOHVCC) has announced the dates for the second module of their Public Land Advocacy webinar series. This 4-part series is designed to assist government agency personnel, OHV enthusiasts, and other interested parties with creating and maintaining sustainable OHV trails.
The webinar is free to all due to funding provided by the Motorcycle Industry Council, the Specialty Vehicle Institute of America, and the Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle Association, as well as the Yamaha OHV Access Initiative Program.
The second module is entitled Trail System Planning - Part 1. It will cover the basic principles of trail management, called the 4Es, and will go into the details of building trails for OHV recreation that are environmentally sound and sustainable. The module will also introduce land managers to the OHV recreationists and talk about their needs and wants in a trail system so that your trails can be designed to make recreationists want to stay on them.
The other three modules are:
- The first module, Route Designation: How did we get here?, gave enthusiasts a look at how the forest service designates routes, their structure, and their planning process.
- The third module, Trail System Planning - Part 2, takes over where the second module ends and talks about signing and mapping, monitoring and maintenance of trails.
- The fourth module, Making it Work, will help riders understand how to be effective in their efforts to influence the decisions that will determine where they can ride.
The workshop modules were developed in cooperation with the American Motorcyclist Association, BlueRibbon Coalition, Motorcycle Industry Council, Off-Road Business Association, Specialty Vehicle Institute of America, and United Four Wheel Drive Associations.
For more information, and to register for the webinar sessions, go to www.nohvcc.org, or call 800-348-6487.
Module 2, Trail System Planning - Part 1, will be held on the dates and times below:
- August 10th at 6:00pm Central
- August 13th at 12:00pm Central
- August 26th at 10:00am Central
Thanks in advance for your involvement,
Public Lands Department Manager
208-237-1008 ext 107