Throttle, VortexBuy Now
VORTEX THROTTLE P/N 01-0054posted Aug 31, 2009
1. Remove housing cover screws (C) and lift off housing cover. Remove the guide wheel (D) and brass bushing (E). Remove the two housing bolts and separate housing halves (A & B), then remove the throttle sleeve (F).
2. Insert the cable through the hole in the top housing half (A). Wrap the cable around the guide wheel (D) and push the guide wheel back in place with the raised shoulder of the guide wheel facing down. The cable should now be around the guide wheel (D) and out the throttle sleeve drum opening.
3. Insert the cable barrel end into the slot in the throttle sleeve (F). Place the throttle sleeve (F) into the top housing half (A). Align and set the two throttle housing halves (A & B) together. Check that the throttle sleeve rotates freely with a definite stop at the closed or idle position.
4. Insert the two housing bolts loosely and slide the throttle assembly over the end of the handlebar. End of sleeve should be even with end of the handlebar. Turn assembly to the desired position and tighten housing bolts evenly while retaining equal spacing (gap) between the housing halves at both sides of the handlebar. Do not exceed 80 inch-pounds (9 Nm). The correctly installed position is with the cable running across the top front part of the handlebar.
5. Set housing cover (C) in place and tighten cover screws.
Parts Available Individually:
(D) P/N C1-054C Guide Wheel
P/N C1-054B Guide Wheel Kit (includes bushing)
(F) P/N 01-0082 Throttle Sleeve
(G) P/N C1-054A Rubber Boot