Coolant Recovery TankBuy Now
Coolant Recovery Tank, 11-0025
posted Sep 1, 2009
Tags: Instructions All Article Tags
This kit is designed for 2 or 4-cycle off-road motorcycles and ATV’s equipped with radiators. The recovery tank allows the radiator to recover up to 8 ounces of lost coolant during cool down. This kit will help avoid costly repairs resulting from an overheated engine.
IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE INSTALLING WE RECOMMEND THAT THIS KIT BE INSTALLED BY A QUALIFIED MECHANIC IN A PROPERLY EQUIPPED SHOP.
1. Remove the front number plate or head light.
2. Using the nylon ties, secure the bottle to the side of the L.H. fork tube behind the number plate (hose fitting on side of bottle towards radiator over-flow hose). While turning the handlebar left to right, check to see if the bottle clears the steering locks and/or any obstacles that may hinder steering. Note: the bottle is normally mounted on the fork tube opposite the radiator overflow hose.
3. Remove the existing radiator overflow hose. Turn the handlebar to position the bottle the furthest from the radiator overflow hose spigot. Cut a section of the clear hose supplied to reach from the hose barb on the side of the bottle to the overflow hose barb on the radiator. Install the hose securing it with the hose clamps supplied. Turn the handlebars left to right while checking the hose for pinching and/or binding.
4. Align the hose barb on the bottle cap into the same direction as the hose exiting from the side of the bottle. Cut a section of hose to reach from the bottle cap barb to the point where the original overflow hose exited. Secure this hose to the bottle cap barb with the hose clamp supplied.
5. Route the overflow hose from the bottle along the same path as the original overflow hose. Use nylon ties to secure the hoses to each other and to the frame tubes as needed. Re-check all hose routing to insure there is no pinching and/or binding while handlebar is turned from left to right.