Motion Pro Sponsored Team Hero Begins WSBK Series With Points

Team Hero EBR

Round One Race  – Phillip Island, Australia 22nd February 2015

Conditions: Dry, sunny, warm

Team Hero EBR rider Larry Pegram scored the first points of the new FIM Superbike World Championship season with 14th place in race two, despite the lingering effects of a stomach ‘flu that has dogged him for several days.

In hot conditions in race one Pegram found his front tyre grip reducing after a while and he took his machine home to an eventual finish of 18th place. In race two a change of tyre choice allowed Pegram to ride at a higher pace and take two points.

Team rider Niccolo Canepa was unfortunate to have a fall in race one, and suffer an injured left ankle, with a suspected snapped tendon. Final medial checks, when the swelling has gone down, will determine the full effect of the fall but he is fully expecting to be in action again at the next round of the championship in Thailand on 22nd March.

Larry Pegram

“In race one I was doing decent lap times then chunked the front tyre about eight laps from the end. I was doing mid-1’34s until then and when I reached a certain point I slowed two seconds a lap. I saw people coming back to me up ahead and I was like ‘Oh, they are slowing down.’ Then my front tucked and then I realised why. We changed the front tyre in race two and at least we got some points out of the weekend. I felt pretty good today as I was not throwing up or sitting on the toilet all day for a change. I definitely got tired in that second race but we got some points and I’m happy with that. I am upset for Nicky getting hurt. But we will come back strong again at Thailand and we showed in testing, and even here in race weekend that we are going to be a team that is going to be fighting for top tens. I am happy with everything except the result for Nick.”

Niccolo Canepa

“The tendon in my left ankle is seems broken, maybe 99% sure. We have to check after five days when the swelling goes down. It is really hurting right now but the doctors say there is no evidence that the bone is broken, so that is good, but I feel it may be. There was a technical issue and between the first and second corner I crashed. We will have to see what happened later. We are lucky because there is one month from here to Thailand so we can get 100% ready.”